Cycling through the Netherlands. #bikepackingholland
Is your backpack ready? Did you already plan your entire trip through South America or Australia or did you come back from a little earlier? Do you feel like backpacking and meeting special people?
Backpacking will be bikepacking this summer, go on a staycation in the Netherlands! Bikepacking Holland is a cycling tour through the most beautiful places in the Netherlands. There are various routes with an overnight stop in one of the most beautiful hostels in the Netherlands. Roots is one of the stops of Bikepacking Holland. Grab your bike and go on a cycling holiday through the Netherlands!
The international atmosphere, the hospitality and the unique accommodations in these hostels give you the feeling that you are far away from home. Go out with a good friend, your loved one or your family!
Use the promo code "#bikepackingholland" to make a reservation for this adventurous cycling holiday.
OFFER AT 15 SPECIAL HOSTELS
15 hostels throughout the Netherlands have joined forces and have put together an attractive offer especially for cyclists. The route and several of these hostels were visited by the #bikepackingholland-team of Rik de Voogd and by Nol & Loek van Fatpigeon; videomakers & fietsavonturiers.
They also spent the night at Hostel Roots in Tilburg after they left Hostel ROOM in Rotterdam and then continued their route after a wonderful stay in Tilburg to The Green Elephant in Maastricht. Bosherberg & hostel Harba Lorifa also joined #bikepackingholland which means you have a nice stopover in Valkenswaard in the south of the Netherlands.
All participating hostels in a row:
Kingkool in Den Haag
Flying Pig Beach Hostel in Noordwijk
Alibi Hostel in Leeuwarden
At all these unique hostels you are assured of a great #bikepackingholland experience!
You can find all hostels, cities and routes in a row via www.bikepackingholland.nl. If you go for a full experience, you will be on the bike for about 1100 km & 60 hours 🙂
#BIKEPACKINGHOLLAND PACKAGE AT HOSTEL ROOTS:
Hostel Roots offers different room types, which is why we have extra friendly rates especially for #bikepackingholland. You can choose a bed in a shared room or a private room for two, three or four persons. Prices are from €29.50 per person. Use the code #bikepackingholland at "BOOK NOW" on our site and check availability & rates.
- Le Soigneur blond beer as a welcome drink on the house. The reward after the the long day.
- Dynamic Bike Care maintenance products available so that you have a clean bike in 6 steps..
- Toolstation provided by BBB Cycling; all common repair tools are attached to this. This allows cyclists to make some adjustments to their bicycle before they hit the road, such as tightening nuts or even carrying out minor repairs.
- Free bicycle storage in your own (closed at night) parking lot and possibility to spray clean and repair your bicycle.
- Free use of the washing machine, for your mud and sweaty clothes
- Towel, Soap & shampoo
- Free basic breakfast
- • Luxury breakfast €10 per person including fresh fruit, raw vegetables, boiled egg and 2 coffees of your choice
• Children up to 3 years free breakfast when purchasing breakfast from parent(s)
• Packed lunch €5,- p.p.
• Meal Deal €7.50 p.p. on request
• Piece of fruit for the road €1,-
BIKE TIPS IN THE AREA
There’s great walking and cycling around Hostel Roots. This route
map shows the cycling and hiking routes in the immediate
surroundings. These are official and well-marked routes that make
use of the junction network, so enjoy a care-free day out!
We are happy to think along with you and have listed various tips for young, old, beginner, advanced, recreational cyclist, cyclist, mountain biker, gravel races, to experience an adventurous day in the beautiful surroundings of and around Tilburg.
- At the Loonse en Drunense Duinen you will find forest, heath and especially a lot of sand. It is one of the largest shifting sand areas in Western Europe. 270 hectares with a unique flora and fauna. From Tilburg it is about 35 minutes until you reach the Loonse en Drunense Duinen, after which you can take shorter or larger cycling or walking routes. Recreational cyclists, cyclists and mountain bikers are particularly welcome here.
- The Oisterwijkse Bos en Vennen en Kampina zare also a beautiful area for cyclists (and walkers). The beautiful route from Hostel Roots starts after 5 minutes along Brabant farms and beautiful countryside. You can reach Oisterwijk in about 30 minutes. It is not for nothing that it is called 'the Pearl in the green'. Oisterwijk is located in the middle of National Landscape Het Groene Woud. Cycling through the Oisterwijkse Bossen en Vennen (with 80 beautiful fens), De Kampina, De Oude Hondsberg or the Moergestels Broek. While cycling you get to know the beautiful nature of Het Groene Woud. Take a break? Along the way you will come across plenty of cozy restaurants. Check here the bike routes between Oisterwijkse Bossen and Kampina.
- Stadbos013 starts about 10 minutes by bike from Hostel Roots and therefore the center of Tilburg. In the city forest you will find all kinds of recreational activities, with or without catering for young and old. Check here the special 18 km MTB-route, also ideal for with kids.
- The cycling route between Tilburg and Turnhout is about 38 km and is called Bels Lijntje. The former railway line has been in use as a cycle path since the late 1920s.
- The La Trappe fietsroute is the perfect combination of sporty relaxation, culinary and nature. Choose from one of the routes: Green route 41 km, red route 35 km, extended red route 67 km, purple route 33 km, blue route 41 km or extended blue route 50 km.
- Visit Brabant is the marketing organization for the destination Brabant. They have also mapped bicycle & MTB routes for you: https://www.visitbrabant.com/nl/routes/mtb & https://www.visitbrabant.com/nl/routes/fietsen
More tips for during your stay in Tilburg:
- The Spoorpark is a city park and day recreation area of about 10 hectares and realized by citizens' initiative. Here you will find an Urban Sport area, the 30-meter high Kempentoren, water 'playground' and the T-Huis for a snack and drink.
- LocHal beautiful award-winning library
- Meta Maze Doloris en Rooftopbar won the 2019 Entrance Award in the Daredevil category. This is THE catering award of the year. The Meta Maze is a surreal maze and a MUST DO. While enjoying a snack and drink, afterwards discussing this impressive experience with a view over Tilburg in the Rooftopbar, makes the experience complete.
- The Piushaven is a beautiful urban area where living, working, water sports and hospitality go hand in hand. You will find very nice restaurants here and you can walk there from the center within 15 minutes. Continue your route “behind” the Piushaven and enter the Groene “Moerenburg”.
- Tilburg is THE Textilecity of the country. The Textielmuseum is of course located here, but you will also find modern art museum De Pont and Nature Museum Brabant in our city.